Former NBA player and current ESPN co-host Kendrick Perkins gave a shout out to the young Grizzlies on Tuesday night during their game against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
The NBA veteran turned talking head has more than a dozen years of NBA playing experience between 4 teams. This includes an NBA championship with the Boston Celtics in 2008.
During the game that prompted this tweet, the Grizzlies overcame their largest deficit of the season to beat the T’Wolves after being down 14 points.
The Grizzlies are now 10-0 when Dillon Brooks scores over 20 points. I made the argument on the most recent podcast that Brooks has actually been the most impactful Grizzly in wins this season — even over Ja Morant and Jaren Jackson Jr.
This “light skinned cat” also gave us some very entertaining sound bites after his big performance. He was clearly feeling himself and thinks very highly of his teammates and his own abilities…maybe just a little too much?
Regardless, the Grizzlies are over-achieving initial expectations and look to gain ground in the Western Conference playoff race on Friday when they host the Spurs, who occupy the 8th seed currently.
More NBA Content on The Barn
- Backdoor Cut (Ep. 56) – MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES take 2 of 3 on the road, fighting for…a playoff spot??
- Offseason Lookback: Central Division
- Offseason Lookback: Atlantic Division
- Backdoor Cut (Ep. 54) – MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES win 3 of 4, debate whether Ja or Jaren impressed more
- Should Jonas Valanciunas and Jaren Jackson Jr. play together?