Enjoy talking sports but want to take your talents to the next level? Looking to jump into the sports writing world but don’t know how? Come join our team at The-BarnBurner.com!
The BarnBurner was born to fill a gap in Memphis sports and culture. Created in the winter of 2017, “The Barn” is centered around providing weekday warriors a place to share their passions for sports, pop culture, and more.
The founder of The BarnBurner, is a lifelong Memphian. His motivation to build The BarnBurner was rooted in the desire to create an outlet devoted to Memphis sports and the broader pop culture scene with a local touch. Many national websites and media outlets cover these same topics, but none of them can provide the perspective and affection like the people who find joy in them on a daily basis – the fans.
When a game is so thrilling, so intense, that you just can’t stop watching, they call that a Barn Burner.
We’ve taken that concept a step further into other areas of the human experience. Each of us finds intensity and passion through unique avenues. For many of us, the pursuits we hold dear aren’t the way we pay the bills. However, the emotions created in us as we chase these passions are what inspire us and drive us. Life can be hard at times, but life is also an incredible gift. At The BarnBurner, we want to give people a space to enjoy the aspects of life that bring us joy.
Rooted in Memphis, The BarnBurner provides a platform for those who have a story to tell and a passion to share. Through the website and podcast network, The BarnBurner is host to a diverse cloud of content and provides a home for the weekday warrior to charge up on the passions that keep them inspired and motivated throughout the week.
We are currently accepting applications to join our team to increase coverage of the Memphis Tigers (football/basketball) and the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Have a passion for Memphis sports and a desire to share this passion with others
- Be able to produce a minimum of 3 articles per month
- Working knowledge of the team you are writing about as well as general knowledge of the league they play in
- Capacity to produce thought provoking and exciting content with little or no supervision
- Social media (Twitter/Instagram/Facebook) experience and influence a plus
While all our positions are currently unpaid, there is potential for income dependent upon future site performance.
If you are interested in applying, please email the below information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Interest statement of why you want to join The BarnBurner and which specific team you are applying to write about
- A sports-related writing sample
- How you heard about the website and the position
We will be accepting applications through 11:59 pm CST on September 3rd.
Upon applying, a member of The BarnBurner editorial staff will be in touch with you shortly to let you know the outcome.
Thank you for your interest in joining The BarnBurner!