We’ve been privy to several NBA schedule teases via national reporters, but unsurprisingly, none of those tidbits included our beloved Grizzlies.
On Monday, the NBA released the schedules for all 30 NBA teams.
With the Clippers, Pelicans, and Rockets all becoming must-see basketball seemingly overnight during summer free agency, — ok, I know that the Rockets and Clippers were already good teams, but don’t tell me that they regularly commanded sellouts at the Forum — the attractiveness of the Grizzlies schedule increased.
Grizzlies fans have the best of both worlds. They will have the opportunity to witness the top talent in the league from the visiting teams, all while having no expectations outside of the development of their own young talent. This should amount to a relatively stress-free season, right?
I’m kidding. I know the team will go on a hot streak, win 3 of the first 5 games and get fans riled up and having them declare that the rebuild will complete itself years ahead of schedule.
Save yourself some trouble and try not to fall into that category.
- Mike Conley will return to Memphis twice in November
- Grizzlies will host New Orleans for the annual MLK Day game. This year’s matchup will hopefully be more competitive than the molly-wopping that the Pels put on the Grizzlies on national TV last year
- Lakers play twice in Memphis while the Clippers visit only once
- Marc Gasol and the reigning NBA champion Raptors will play in Memphis in late March, before the teams turn around and travel up to Toronto to play two days later
- Longest home stand is 6 games in January
- Longest road trips include 4 games in early December and 4 games in late February
- The group of games tipping of the latest will be February 20 – 24 when the Grizzlies are on the West Coast against Sacramento and both LA teams.
Forget what I said before. There is always hope.
Zak (@BarnBurnerBro) is a native Memphian who covers the Memphis Grizzlies, Tigers, and St. Louis Cardinals for The Barn. He spends his free time exploring breweries, restaurants, and leading the Ivan Rabb stan club.