On Tuesday night, Greg Brown – a top ten player in the class of 2020 – released a list on Twitter of his final five schools.
His list included UNC, Memphis, Auburn, Texas, and Kentucky.
Brown is from Austin, TX and played his grassroots ball for the Texas Titans alongside fellow top 10 prospect Cade Cunningham.
Brown was on the Memphis campus over the 4th of July weekend and he speaks highly of coaches Mike Miller and Penny Hardaway.
“He’s [Miller] making phone calls every hour, and he’s a really good recruiter and keeps it one hundred,” Brown said. “He just has a ton of knowledge about the game.”Brown to 247Sports
“It’s an honor to be recruited by Penny Hardaway and Mike Miller because they’re one of the greats in the NBA,”Brown to Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog
Listed at 6’8″, Brown is an exciting player who lit up the EYBL circuit this summer. Averaging 18.7 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks per game, Brown helped lead the Titans through Peach Jam pool play without a loss. However, they fell in the first round of bracket play to the stacked Peach Jam runner-ups, Team WhyNot.
As a player from Austin, Brown is in the literal backyard of the Longhorns. However it appears that he is keeping his options open and we could see him land at any of the schools on his final list.
For Memphis, with big men Precious Achiuwa and James Wiseman almost certain to enter the NBA draft next summer, it will be crucial for coach Hardaway to replenish his roster with top talent from the upcoming class.
Stokes On Campus
Currently, Memphis has an open scholarship remaining for this upcoming season. Earlier this week, it was reported that Florida Gator transfer Isaiah Stokes was on-campus.
- Theater In College Hoops (Ep. 74)- Top 50 College Basketball Programs: 10-6 & Interview With Andrew Moynihan
- Theater In College Hoops (Ep. 73)- Top 50 College Basketball Programs: 15-11 & Last 4 In, First 4 Out
- Theater In College Hoops (Ep. 72)- Interview with John Fanta
- Josh Minott commits to Memphis, giving Penny Hardaway his first player in the class of 2021
- Theater In College Hoops (Ep. 71)- Top 50 College Basketball Programs: 20-16 & Have You Ever Seen Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Score?
Zak (@BarnBurnerBro) is a native Memphian who covers the Memphis Grizzlies, Tigers, and St. Louis Cardinals for The Barn. He spends his free time exploring breweries, restaurants, and leading the Ivan Rabb stan club.