Terrence Clarke, one of the top prospects in the class of 2021, has openly expressed interest in the University of Memphis and coach Penny Hardaway for some time now.
One of the interesting things about Memphis, according to Clarke, is that they are trying to sell him on playing with the ball in his hands as opposed to playing in an off-ball wing position.
Clarke, a 6’7″ guard out of Brewster Academy in Boston, played his summer ball with Expressions Elite on the NIKE EYBL circuit. During that time, he averaged 16.2 points and 5.1 rebounds in 18 games.
You can read more about his summer Peach Jam performance HERE.
In an interview with Evan Daniels of 247Sports, Clarke expressed that he is interested in visiting 5 schools and is considering reclassifying to the class of 2020. This message of potential reclassification has been consistent with other interviews that Clarke has performed with various media members.
“I talk to Mike Miller every single day, I was talking to Penny the other day too, so Memphis has been on me a lot,” he added. “I’m not going to lie, there has been a lot of schools in the picture too, but not as much as Memphis.”Clarke in an interview with 247Sports
Right now, the front runners for landing a visit with Clarke appear to be Duke, Memphis, Kentucky, UCLA, and Auburn.
While boasting a prestigious list of colleges that he wants to visit, it is quite odd that Duke has yet to extend a scholarship offer up to this point.
It is also rumored that Clarke is interested in teaming up with BJ Boston, a 5 star guard in the class of 2020 that is currently on an official visit to Kentucky.
- Theater In College Hoops (Ep. 77)- Gregg Marshall & Familiar Coaches In Not So Familiar Places
- Theater In College Hoops (Ep. 76)- Offseason transfers, Bluegrass State Basketball & Burgo interview
- Memphis has giant recruitment week with commitments from John Camden and Jordan Nesbitt
- Theater In College Hoops (Ep. 75)- Top 50 College Basketball Programs: 5-1 & Interview with Rachael Pancakes
- Theater In College Hoops (Ep. 74)- Top 50 College Basketball Programs: 10-6 & Interview With Andrew Moynihan
Zak (@BarnBurnerBro) is a native Memphian who covers the Memphis Grizzlies, Tigers, and St. Louis Cardinals for The Barn. He spends his free time exploring breweries, restaurants, and leading the Ivan Rabb stan club.